Everton Park-Albany Creek Road (Old Northern Road) intersection safety improvements
Design is underway for safety improvements for 3 intersections on Everton Park – Albany Creek Road (known as Old Northern Road) between Albany Forest Drive and Janice Street, Albany Creek.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces interchange queuing
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Better active transport
- Modifying existing traffic signals at Albany Forest Drive intersection to fully controlled right turns.
- Extending the southbound right-turn lane past Folkstone Avenue to cater for additional queue length.
- Modifying the traffic island and median at the Folkstone Avenue intersection to allow left in/left out movements only (alternate northbound route via Faheys Road East or Janice Street).
- Installing new traffic signals at the Janice Street intersection to address crash history and provide a safe U-turn.
- Installing new and modifying existing roadside pedestrian paths, where required.
- Amending signage, pavement marking.
- Vegetation clearing and reinstating landscaping.
- New lighting and lighting relocation.
- Total investment
- $2.8 million
- Queensland Government
- $2.8 million
Design is underway and is expected to be completed in mid-2021.
- New traffic signals at the Old Northern Road and Janice Street intersection.
- Signal modifications at the Old Northern Road and Albany Forest Drive intersection to control right-turn movements. Old Northern Road southbound right-turn lane extended past Folkstone Avenue. Left-in and left-out only at Folkstone Avenue.