Gatton to Helidon Road (Eastern Drive) planning study
We aim to determine the requirements for the Gatton–Helidon Road corridor to continue to function as a safe and sustainable transport corridor.
The planning study will balance the need to support development while reasonably and robustly protecting a sustainable and integrated transport corridor.
Eastern Drive has been identified as a vital road link that is likely to experience increased traffic and development pressure in future years, as well as impacts from adjacent infrastructure upgrades along the railway and Warrego Highway corridors.
There is currently no funding for construction and this project will need to be assessed against competing priorities and funding availability.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases capacity
- Contributes to regional growth
- A safe and sustainable transport corridor that allows for the growth and economic development of Gatton, and the surrounding Lockyer Valley Region.
- A balanced approach to support the need for development while reasonably and robustly protecting a sustainable and integrated transport corridor.
- Total investment
- Queensland Government
- Stakeholder consultation – July to September 2020.
- Complete planning report – October to December 2020.