Gold Coast Highway (Brisbane Road) intersection upgrade at Labrador-Carrara Road (Olsen Avenue) and Hope Island Road (Oxley Drive)
We are undertaking improvements at the Gold Coast Highway (Brisbane Road) intersection at Labrador-Carrara Road (Olsen Avenue and Hope Island Road (Oxley Drive), locally known as the Harbour Town intersection.
We are upgrading the intersection with:
- extra right-turn lanes, on both directions of Gold Coast Highway
- extra right-turn storage length on all 4 sections of the intersection
- improvements to the left-turn lanes on Gold Coast Highway (both approaches) and on Labrador-Carrara Road
- extra bike lanes to connect local roads through the intersection
- safety improvements including the installation of pedestrian fences.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Better active transport
- Extra right-turn lanes on both directions of Gold Coast Highway
- Extra right-turn storage length on all 4 sections of the intersection
- Improvements to the left-turn lanes on Gold Coast Highway (both approaches) and on Labrador-Carrara Road
- Extra bike lanes
- New pedestrian fences.
- Total investment
- $10.68 million
- Australian Government
- $5 million
- Queensland Government
- $5.68 million
Current statusConstruction is expected to commence in September 2020. Every effort will be made to minimise impacts on local traffic given the busy nature of this intersection. To minimise these impacts, works will be predominately undertaken as night works, however some day works and weekend works may be required.
The project team will keep the community updated on any disruptive works and any changes to traffic conditions. More detailed information will be distributed to the local community prior to construction commencing.
For more information see our project flyer.
|Detailed design||Completed late 2019|
|Early works||Completed early 2020|
|Construction commence||September 2020|
|Construction end||Late 2021|