Gold Coast Highway (Helensvale – Southport) and Hope Island Road, improve intersection
Improvements to the Gold Coast Highway (Brisbane Road) intersection at Labrador-Carrara Road (Olsen Avenue and Hope Island Road (Oxley Drive), locally known as the Harbour Town intersection have been completed.
Upgrades to the intersection include:
- extra right-turn lanes, on both directions of Gold Coast Highway
- extra right-turn storage length on all 4 sections of the intersection
- improvements to the left-turn lanes on Gold Coast Highway (both approaches) and on Labrador-Carrara Road
- extra bike lanes to connect local roads through the intersection
- safety improvements including the installation of pedestrian fences.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Better active transport
- Contributes to economy
- Extra right-turn lanes on both directions of Gold Coast Highway.
- Extra right-turn storage length on all 4 sections of the intersection.
- Improvements to the left-turn lanes on Gold Coast Highway (both approaches) and on Labrador-Carrara Road.
- Extra bike lanes.
- New pedestrian fences.
Investment ID 709387
- Total investment
- $10.68 million
- Australian Government
- $5 million
- Queensland Government
- $5.68 million
Construction started in September 2020 and was completed in mid-2021.
For more information see our project flyer.
|Detailed design||Completed late 2019|
|Early works||Completed early 2020|
|Construction commence||September 2020|