Gore Highway and Toowoomba-Athol Road safety upgrades—planning
Planning is underway to improve safety on the Gore Highway and Toowoomba–Athol Road, between Wyreema–Athol Road and James Street.
The community is being consulted to help identify the best opportunities for improvements that will reduce the risk of fatal and serious injury crashes.
The Gore Highway and Toowoomba–Athol Road (previously the Gore Highway) are an important part of the road network for freight, urban and rural traffic accessing Toowoomba from the southwest.
Safety improvements to this important section of road will improve transport efficiency and reliability while supporting economic development in southern Queensland and the Darling Downs.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Community consultation will identify key safety issues.
- The final business case will propose priority safety upgrades for future funding.
- Total investment
- Queensland Government
At this stage we are consulting with the community, businesses, residents and road users to help identify key safety issues and community priorities.
1. Gore Highway and Toowoomba–Athol Road safety upgrade planning from Wyreema–Athol Road to James Street.