Gore Highway — Toowoomba to Millmerran safety upgrades
Planning is underway to improve safety and efficiency on sections of the Gore Highway between Toowoomba and Brookstead.
Planning works include investigating options for new overtaking lanes, widening, strengthening of the road surface and intersection upgrades. Concerns about the crash history on this section of the Gore Highway will also be addressed.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Better road access
- Reduces travel time
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Reduces maintenance
- Improves ride quality
Options being investigated include:
- wider shoulders
- installation of wide centre line treatments
- flatter batters
- widening to accommodate new overtaking lanes
- widening and lengthening existing overtaking lanes
- duplication to create 2 adjacent overtaking lanes
- overlay and strengthening of pavements
- intersection improvements
- improved signage.
This project is being funded under the Transport System Planning Program, which is funded 100% by the Queensland Government.
- Total investment
- Queensland Government
We are currently undertaking planning activities to enable submissions for preconstruction funding.