Greenbank RSL park 'n' ride
We are currently undertaking the early works phase to upgrade the park 'n' ride at Greenbank RSL bus station.
In late-2017, the Queensland Government committed $21 million to develop the Greenbank park 'n' ride, deliver 600 new parking spaces and support the growth of commuters using the Greenbank RSL bus stop.
Along with the project benefits, the upgrade will offer commuters:
- 600 new parking spaces
- new kiss 'n' ride parking bay for drivers' dropping off and picking up
- two-way link road between Blackwell Street and Corporate Place
- 3 new bus stops on the new link road
- landscaping to enhance the area
- covered bike racks for bike riders
- lighting and security measures
- new bus layover and amenities for bus drivers.
- Improves safety
- Increases car parks
- Better active transport
- Ensure compliance with the disabilities component of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and meet Disability Standards for Accessible Public Transport 2002 targets.
- Improve passenger amenities and meet Public Transport Infrastructure Manual standards.
- Address Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design issues.
- Deliver passenger transport infrastructure to permit growth in bus services over time to meet demand through to 2036.
- Total investment
- $21 million
- Queensland Government
- $21 million
The Greenbank park 'n' ride is currently in early works phase. Construction is scheduled to begin September 2020 and expected be completed by mid-2021, weather and site conditions permitting.