Longreach North Upgrade – pavement strengthening and widening
We delivered strengthening and widening improvements to about 25km of the Landsborough Highway between Longreach and Winton.
Project activities included increasing the width of the bitumen seal on this section of highway from 7m to 9m, providing two 3.5m lanes with a 1m shoulder on either side.
- Improves safety
- Improves ride quality
- Improves flood immunity
- Improves network efficiency
- Contributes to regional growth
- Reduces maintenance
- Strengthened and widened a 25km stretch of highway from 7m to 9m
- Upgraded several intersections and accesses
- Widened and upgraded drainage structures
- Delivered concrete batter protection works to Darr River Bridge
- Completed guardrail works.
The project was jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland Governments as part of the Northern Australia Roads Program (NARP).
- Total investment
- $24.98 million
- Australian Government
- $19.984 million
- Queensland Government
- $4.996 million