Mango Hill train station, upgrade park 'n' ride
Design is underway to provide around 280 new parking spaces by expanding the park 'n' ride facilities at Mango Hill train station.
The new park 'n' ride facility includes 2 separate sites and will more than double park ‘n’ ride capacity at the station by adding to the 220 existing parking spaces.
The project will deliver significant benefits for the local community by improving road safety, road congestion and parking pressures in the surrounding suburbs.
The park 'n' ride upgrade will include changes to the existing kiss 'n' ride facility by swapping the location of the existing bus stop with the kiss 'n' ride/taxi zone on Meyers Circuit. The relocated bus stop will maintain its existing length to cater for four 12.5m-long buses. This will make it safer and more efficient for passenger drop offs.
- Improves safety
- Increases car parks
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Adding 280 extra parking spaces to the existing 220 parking spaces.
- Lighting and CCTV for enhanced visibility and security.
- Landscaping to provide visual amenity.
- Pedestrian paths to improve pedestrian connectivity to and from the train station.
- Increased accessible parking bays near the Mango Hill train station to improve access to public transport for customers with disability.
Investment ID 1777697
- Total investment
- $10 million
- Australian Government
- $4 million
- Queensland Government
- $6 million
Detailed design for the Mango Hill train station park 'n' ride upgrade is underway and is expected to be completed by early 2022 with construction to follow, weather and construction scheduling permitting.