We have improved road user safety and traffic flow by implementing safety treatments on Morayfield Road between Lindsay Road and Oakey Flat Road intersections.
Morayfield Road and Beerburrum Road Route Safety Project
We are delivering a $28.8 million project to improve safety along sections of Morayfield Road and Beerburrum Road.
We are improving road safety at known and potential crash locations along Morayfield Road and Beerburrum Road, including:
- Aquatic Centre Drive to Graham Road.
- Lindsay Road to Oakey Flat Road.
- Caboolture River Road to Oaklands Drive.
- Elliott Street and Esme Avenue intersection.
- King Street to McKean Street.
- Industry Drive and Old Gympie Road intersection.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Reduces travel time
- Increases traffic flow
- Increases capacity
- Contributes to economy
- Better active transport
We will be:
- installing new traffic signals
- modifying existing signals
- extending turn lanes
- providing extra turning lanes
- improving pedestrian facilities
- removing roadside hazards
- installing wide centre lines
- upgrading road signs, guideposts and pavement reflectors.
- Total investment
- $28.8 million
Design and construction for these safety improvements is being completed in stages, with several works packages being undertaken.