We are delivering a $28.8 million project to improve safety along sections of Morayfield Road and Beerburrum Road.
Morayfield Road between Caboolture River Road and Oaklands Drive intersections
The department has improved road user safety on Morayfield Road, between Caboolture River Road and Oaklands Drive intersections.
- Improves safety
- Better road access
- Improves network efficiency
- Reduces travel time
- Increases traffic flow
- Contributes to economy
- Better active transport
- Extended right-turn lanes on Morayfield Road to providing additional storage capacity for turning vehicles at Church Street, Michael Avenue, William Berry Drive and Market Drive intersections.
- Removed the service road adjacent to Morayfield State School and provided a new deceleration lane for vehicles accessing the school carpark.
- Installed dual right-turn lanes on Morayfield Road for vehicles turning into Torrens Road.
- Signalised Jacaranda Avenue intersection.
- Modified the Frank Street intersection to left-in, left-out arrangements.
- Installed dedicated left-turn lane on Morayfield Road for vehicles turning into Oaklands Drive.
- Installed new and shared bike lanes.
- Improved pedestrian facilities.
Investment ID 659348
- Total investment
- $28.8 million
The project is complete and has delivered safer and more efficient intersections for road users, as well as improved traffic flow and less congestion on Morayfield Road between Caboolture River Road and Oaklands Drive intersections.