We are delivering a $28.8 million project to improve safety along sections of Morayfield Road and Beerburrum Road.
Morayfield Road between Lindsay Road and Oakey Flat Road intersections
We have improved road user safety and traffic flow by implementing safety treatments on Morayfield Road between Lindsay Road and Oakey Flat Road intersections.
We have delivered safety treatments on Morayfield Road between Lindsay Road and Oakey Flat Road intersections as part of the $28.8 million Morayfield Road and Beerburrum Road Route Safety Project.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces travel time
Safety treatments were implemented at the following locations and included:
Morayfield Mega Centre and Lindsay Road intersection
- Installing a new pedestrian crossing on Lindsay Road (northern side) and at the Morayfield Mega Centre access to connect with existing footpaths.
- Realigning the left-turn slip lane into the Morayfield Mega Centre to improve visibility.
Supercentre Complex intersection
- Modifying the existing traffic signal phasing to allow fully-controlled right-turn movements into the Super Centre and Homemaker Centre complexes from Morayfield Road.
- Extending the northbound right-turn lane to provide additional storage capacity for motorists’ turning into the Homestyle Homemaker Centre.
- Providing 4 zebra pedestrian crossings, one on each leg of the intersection.
- Installing tactile guidance markers to assist visually impaired pedestrians at all pram ramps and signalised crossings.
Gaffield Street intersection
- Providing new pedestrian footpaths on the eastern side (Cul-de-sac side) of Morayfield Road, to connect to the existing footpath.
- Upgrading traffic signals to include new signalised pedestrian crossing on Gaffield Street (east).
- Upgrading the existing traffic signal phasing to allow fully-controlled right-turn movements into Gaffield Street from Morayfield.
Walkers Road intersection
- Extending the dual right-turn lanes on Morayfield Road to provide increased storage capacity for vehicles turning into Walkers Road.
- Removing the U-turn facility on Morayfield Road at the Walkers Road intersection to improve intersection efficiency, increase safety and limit delays for pedestrians crossing Morayfield Road. The U-turn facility will remain in place at the Gaffield Street intersection.
- Extending the right-turn lane on Walkers Road to provide increased storage capacity for vehicles turning into Morayfield Road.
- Installing new staged pedestrian crossing on Morayfield road (northern side) to improve pedestrian safety.
- Relocating the pedestrian crossing on the left turn slip from Walkers Road to Morayfield Road (northern side).
- Installing new pedestrian crossing on the left turn slip from Morayfield Road to Walkers Road (southern side).
Oakey Flat Road into Station Road
- Signalising Oakey Flat Road intersection with Morayfield Road.
- Providing a signalised pedestrian crossing on Oakey Flat Road.
- Installing a new cycle lane on the western side of Morayfield Road across the intersection.
- Extending western side footpath to provide connectivity to the signalised pedestrian crossing on Oakey Flat Road.
- Total investment
- $28.8 million
Current statusThe project is complete and has delivered safer and more efficient intersections for road users, improved traffic flow and less congestion on Morayfield Road.
Morayfield Road and Beerburrum Road Route Safety Project
Morayfield Mega Centre and Lindsay Road intersection design
Morayfield Road and Super Centre Homemaker Centre intersection design
Morayfield Road and Gaffield Street intersection design
Morayfield Road and Walkers Road intersection design
Morayfield Road and Oakey Flat Road intersection design