New England Highway upgrade planning—Warwick to Stanthorpe
Upgrades are being planned to improve safety and efficiency on sections of the New England Highway.
This project involves investigating options to improve safety on various sections of the New England Highway between Warwick and Stanthorpe.
Some of the options being investigated include a new overtaking lane, widening the road to accommodate wide centre lines and intersection upgrades.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces travel time
- Contributes to regional growth
- Contributes to economy
- Improves ride quality
- New overtaking lane.
- Improved safety.
- Wide centre line treatment.
- Intersection upgrades.
- Additional safety features.
The project is being delivered under the Transport System Planning Program.
- Total investment
- Queensland Government
Planning activities are currently being undertaken for the business case.
- Investigating wide centre line treatments and intersection improvements.
- Investigating wide centre line treatments and overtaking opportunities.
- Investigating Amiens Road intersection.
- Investigating Old Caves Road intersection.