Noondoo – Thallon Road Upgrade Program
In 2010, the Queensland Government committed $14 million over a 10-year period to improve the Noondoo – Thallon Road. This was following the closure of the Thallon – Dirranbandi rail line in 2010.
This program has been rolled out in stages since starting in 2010:
- Stage 1 – paving and sealing a safer road alignment for the ‘s-bend’ was completed in December 2014.
- Stage 2 – paving and sealing of a 1km section was completed in December 2015.
- Stage 3 – construction of a 2-lane bridge, including realignment of the approaches, over the Moonie River started in late October 2019 and was completed in early July 2020. Demolition of the ‘Old Bullamon’ bridge is scheduled to start in early October 2020.
- Improves safety
- Contributes to regional growth
- Stage 1 – paving and sealing a safer road alignment for the ‘s-bend’.
- Stage 2 – paving and sealing of a 1km section.
- Stage 3 – construction of a 2-lane bridge and realignment of the bridge approaches at the Moonie River, including demolition of the ‘Old Bullamon’ bridge.
- Total investment
- $14 million