North Townsville Road (Townsville), strengthen pavement
The North Townsville Road pavement strengthening project will deliver pavement resilience works on Woolcock Street, between the intersections of Sturt Street and Mount Low Parkway.
The pavement upgrades will improve travelling conditions for motorists, and provide a more resilient road network. This upgrade is vital given that Woolcock Street forms part of the freight network, connecting the Port of Townsville to industrial areas in outer suburbs.
The project will also drive economic and regional growth.
Works will occur at multiple sites along Woolcock Street, to both the inbound and outbound carriageway.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Contributes to economy
- Reduces maintenance
- Improves ride quality
- Contributes to regional growth
- Pavement strengthening works on sections of Woolcock Street.
- Provide a more resilient road network on a key freight route.
- Reduce ongoing road maintenance costs.
- Drive economic and regional growth by boosting local employment, including jobs on the project and through suppliers of materials, plant, other goods and services.
This project is jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland governments on an 80:20 basis. Investment ID 1697467
- Total investment
- $6.95 million
- Australian Government
- $5.56 million
- Queensland Government
- $1.39 million
The upgrades are currently under construction. Works will occur on an ongoing basis, through a series of work packages.
Works may also occur at night to reduce traffic impacts.