Old Cleveland Road and Gateway on-ramp upgrade
The westbound lanes of Old Cleveland Road are being upgraded, between the Old Cleveland off-ramp (260m east of Mount Petrie Road) and the Gateway Motorway on-ramp intersection, at Belmont.
This project will reduce congestion, delays and travel time through the area and improve road safety by reducing queue lengths on Old Cleveland Road and westbound off-ramp at Mount Petrie Road during morning peak periods.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces travel time
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- An additional lane west of Mount Petrie Road, providing 3 lanes at the traffic signals.
- A shared through and left turn lane at the Gateway Motorway southbound on-ramp.
- Converting the existing ‘free left’ turn from Mount Petrie Road onto Old Cleveland Road to a give way.
- Extending the Old Cleveland Road slip lane to Mount Petrie Road.
- A new on-road bicycle lane along Old Cleveland Road and across Mount Petrie Road intersection.
- Relocating some street lighting and traffic signals.
- Total investment
- $5 million
- Queensland Government
- $5 million
Construction is currently being undertaken, and expected to be completed late 2021, weather and construction conditions permitting.