Transport and Main Roads online services: Terms and Conditions
Transport and Main Roads' online services are on a secure site and information submitted is treated as private and confidential. Before accessing any online services you must carefully read, and agree to, the Terms and Conditions listed below.
If you do not agree to our Terms and Conditions, then you must not use, or continue to use, this site or the online services.
Though we make every reasonable effort to ensure the safety and security of the TMR website and the information you submit to and from this website, we cannot guarantee said safety and security. Find out about the security of the online services.
Terms and Conditions
Definitions and interpretations
"we", "us" and "our" means the Department of Transport and Main Roads (DTMR) and our successors.
"you" and "your" means the legal entity or entities using this site.
"this site" means the equipment, programs, services and systems provided by us or our Service Providers to allow you to use the online services and access the information provided by us and our Service Providers.
"Service Provider" means a Queensland Government Department or instrumentality, or other Government or non-government body contributing to this site.
"use of this site" means your use of all online services and your access to all information provided on this site by us and our Service Providers.
"cookie" means an electronic file which is placed on your computer automatically to retain your preferences for this site so those preferences can be used next time you visit this site. Cookies used on this site are non-harmful and do not attempt to identify individual users.
Terms of agreement
We are a Queensland Government entity (ABN 39 407 690 291).
Your access to and/or use of this site is conditional upon your acceptance and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. You will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions if you:
- continue to access and use this site, or
- explicitly accept these Terms and Conditions before completing a transaction on this site.
By accessing or using this site, you also represent that you have the legal authority to accept these Terms and Conditions on behalf of yourself or any person or entity that you represent in connection with your use of the online services. You should notify any person or entity that you represent of these Terms and Conditions and its obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions include our:
In the Privacy statement, Disclaimer and Copyright statement, references to "this site", "Transport and Main Roads website", "this website" and "our website" will mean "this site" as defined in these Terms and Conditions.
If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the Queensland Government website, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We have the right to change, add to or discontinue these Terms and Conditions or any feature of this site and online services at any time at our discretion without reference to you by posting the changes online. It is your responsibility to ensure you are aware of any changes to these Terms and Conditions each time you visit this site. Any changes to these Terms and Conditions take effect immediately and will apply to your use of this site from that date on. Your continued access to or use of this site after any changes to these Terms and Conditions indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to those changes.
Additional terms for specific online services
Some of the online services available through this site may be subject to additional terms and conditions displayed on this site from time to time. You agree to read and comply with any such additional terms and conditions. By accessing or using this site to utilise online services, you will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by any additional terms and conditions which apply to those online services.
Your use of this site
In using this site, you agree:
- to recognise the electronic record made by us of any transactions you perform using the online services
- to only use this site for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use of this site by any third party. This includes using another person’s personal information or login details to undertake transactions through, or to access personal information stored on, this site
- not to use this site for any dishonest, fraudulent, misleading or malicious purposes
- not to impersonate or falsely represent any other person or entity
- not to undertake transactions on behalf of another person or entity without their explicit authority, and
- not to use this site to access the personal information of any other person without their explicit authority.
You acknowledge that:
- you may be required to indicate your acceptance and approval of information contained in any forms you submit online, and
- we intend to rely on any forms and attached documents which you submit online as if they were received with signature in hardcopy form.
We may cancel your access to this site and terminate this agreement at any time and for any reason, including if we believe:
- you have performed an unauthorised transaction
- you have breached these Terms and Conditions, or
- you are no longer eligible or authorised to access this site.
This site is made available only for your personal information or business operations. As a user of this site, you agree not to use this site's data to provide or facilitate direct online access to any other person. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from this site any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law.
You agree to pay the amounts and associated fees in relation to the transactions you perform on this site.
In using this site, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions imposed by your financial institution, and pay the amount(s) and associated fees in relation to the transaction(s) you authorise on this site. In the event of a failure to do so, you duly authorise us to reverse the transaction in question and to treat the incident as if it did not occur and we do not accept liability for any loss or damage you incur in relation to the status of the service arising from your failure to pay relevant amount(s) and associated fees.
- until the appropriate vehicle registration fees have been paid, then if you drive an unregistered vehicle on the road, you will contravene the law.
You acknowledge and agree that if you make payments on this site using an accepted credit or debit card, you will be charged a credit card surcharge. The credit card surcharge will appear in the payment details as part of the checkout process.
You are responsible for ensuring that any payments you make by credit or debit card are made only using a valid card. If you pay by debit or credit card, you are responsible for ensuring that you have sufficient funds in your account for the payment.
You may be required to supply some personal details to confirm your identity or to apply for online access when using our online services depending on the service you select.
We offer various methods for applying to access our online services, including entering an online access code, answering questions and such other additional login methods which we may offer from time to time.
If you elect to access our online services using an online access code or alternative login options (eg username and password), then you agree to:
- keep your online access code or other login details confidential and secure
- not disclose your online access code or other login details to any other person
- not to permit any other person to use your online access code or other login details
- immediately change your login details if you believe that those details have been compromised, and
- not to access or seek to access this site using another person’s online access code or other login details.
We are entitled to assume that all transactions undertaken using your online access code or other login details were undertaken by you, unless you have informed us that your online access code or other login details were compromised. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that you may incur as a result of someone else using your online access code or other login details, either with or without your knowledge or consent.
Any failure by you to keep your online access code or other login details secure may result in unauthorised transactions being undertaken or unauthorised access to and use of your personal information which is available through this site.
If you are accessing our online services using personal details or login details which belong to another person or entity, on behalf of that other person or entity, then you confirm that you have the necessary authority to undertake any transactions which you perform on behalf of that other person or entity. You must only undertake transactions on this site on behalf of another person or entity within the scope of authorisation granted by that third party.
Minimum system requirements
When you access a secure part of this site, your transaction across the internet is protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. SSL is an industry standard for secure transactions. If your browser does not support SSL, you will not be able to access these services.
Provision of information
You agree to provide true and correct information to us and you declare that all information you provide is true and correct. You must not provide false or misleading information to us or it may result in prosecution and civil or criminal penalties.
It is your responsibility to verify that all transaction details are correct before you complete the transaction. We will not be liable to you or any third parties for any loss or damage suffered as a result of the inaccuracy or incompleteness of information provided by you or for any action taken by us in reliance on that information.
Warranties and representations
We do not warrant or make any representations in relation to your use of this site or any linked websites. In particular, we do not warrant or represent:
- that your system will meet the minimum requirements (as applicable from time to time) to enable your access to or use of this site or online services
- that materials and information provided on this site are accurate, complete or suitable for any purpose
- that this site is free from any viruses or defects
- that your use of this site or online services will be continuous and uninterrupted
- that this site or online services in this site are appropriate or available for use in countries outside Australia, and
- that the operator or content of any other website which you may access through this site is accurate, reliable or appropriate in any way (please consult our disclaimer for further details).
Your access to and use of this site depends on telecommunications and internet service providers and other external factors and we do not guarantee any minimum speed of transmission data or availability of this site at all times or at any specific times.
We will not be liable to you or third parties for:
- your system’s incapacity in using this site
- interruptions or delays to this site or the online services whether beyond our control or not
- any non-compliance with foreign and local laws if you use this site outside Australia, or
- your use of other websites which you may access through this site including in relation to contracting viruses, worms, trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature,
except to the extent, if any, where we may not be able to lawfully exclude such liability.
Disclaimer of liability—information
Please consult our disclaimer for further details.
Disclaimer of liability
We disclaim and exclude, to the maximum extent permissible by law, any terms and conditions implied by law relating to any loss or damage that may be suffered by you as a result of you using this site.
Without limiting the above paragraph, we disclaim and exclude, to the maximum extent permissible by law, all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty as to the accuracy of any information contained in your personal information.
If the law implies any warranty which cannot be excluded, then to the extent permissible by law, our liability for failure to comply with any such warranty is limited, at our option and as determined by us, to:
- the supply of goods or services again
- the repair of goods, or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods or services resupplied or repaired.
You agree to release us from all liability in contract, or in tort, or pursuant to any other common law or statutory cause of action whatsoever arising under this agreement or in connection with your use of this site, for any loss or damage, including indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damages, whether or not reasonably foreseeable, including but not limited to liability for an entity carrying out, or failing to carry out, any activity described in, or contemplated by, any document published by us relating to this site.
You agree to indemnify us and our officers, employees, agents and contractors (including sub-contractors) ("those indemnified") from and against all actions, proceedings, claims demands, costs (including all reasonable legal costs and all reasonable costs associated with defending those indemnified), losses, damages and expenses, and any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage, including those arising out of the terms of any settlement, which:
- may be brought against or made upon those indemnified, and
- those indemnified may incur on their own behalf or sustain as a result of a third party claim,
arising out of or as a consequence of
- any breach of this agreement by you, or
- any wilful, unlawful, or negligent act or omission by you relating in any way to this site.
You acknowledge that this indemnity will continue to take effect after this agreement has been terminated.
All dollar amounts at this site are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
Time is provided in Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) as it exists in Brisbane, Australia (GMT + 10:00). Please note that Brisbane does not have daylight saving time during summer.
Intellectual property and copyright
Please consult our copyright statement for further details.
Your personal information
Please read the privacy statement for more information about use of your personal information.
This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland, Australia.
This agreement constitutes the whole agreement between you and us, and supersedes all prior representations, agreements, statements and understandings, whether verbal or in writing.
None of these Terms and Conditions will be taken to be waived except by written notice signed by you and us.
If any of these Terms and Conditions are held to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, that term will be severed from these Terms and Conditions without affecting the enforceability of the remaining terms.
If you have any questions regarding our terms and conditions or if you encounter any problems with this site, please contact us.
indicates required fields
Help us improve the content on our website or tell us what is working well. Contact us if you need a response.