A strategic approach to increasing the participation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Queensland's economy 2016-2022
Moving Ahead is the Queensland Government's whole-of-government strategy to improve economic participation outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Queenslanders. It provides a comprehensive list of actions for the Queensland Government to drive the vision of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples participating fully in our growing economy through skilling, training and employment, and business growth and development.
The approach has 5 priority areas:
- build a more skilled and diverse workforce
- focus on youth, and plan for future success to maximise procurement and employment opportunities
- build our partnerships with industry
- increase entrepreneurship, business growth and innovation
- overcome identified barriers to realise opportunities to completion.
Our contribution to the strategy is the ongoing delivery of the Indigenous Driver's Licensing program. We also contribute to the implementation of 3 whole-of-government actions relating to procurement, workforce and cultural capability.