Young driver laws consultation
From November 2005 until March 2006, the Queensland Government consulted with the community to identify licensing and education opportunities that could improve the safety of young people on our roads. This consultation included:
- the Queensland youth – on the road and in control discussion paper, which identified 22 possible initiatives. This discussion paper is also available to download in two smaller parts: part 1 and part 2
- a community feedback form
- forums with expert panel members, which were conducted in 10 communities around Queensland (view the reports from the 2005 young driver forums under the heading 'Downloads')
- market research conducted with the community
- an online e-forum for driver trainers.
The Queensland Government received a significant response, including:
- 13 000 downloads of the discussion paper
- 2000 submissions received
- 550 forum attendees
- 20 000 hits to the dedicated website.
This consultation resulted in significant licensing changes for learner and provisional licence holders.
Discussion paper and reports