Queensland Road Rules
The Queensland Road Rules are officially known as the Transport Operations (Road Use Management—Road Rules) Regulation 2009.
Road rules are developed for your safety. Make sure you know and follow the road rules at all times. These basic road rules always apply:
- You must give way to the right at unsigned cross intersections.
- You must abide by traffic signs, lights and road markings.
- You must obey the speed limit.
- A 'stop' sign means that all wheels of your vehicle must come to a complete halt.
- You cannot make a U-turn at a set of traffic lights, unless a sign states you can.
Need a road rules refresher?