Austroads is the Association of Australian and New Zealand Road Transport and Traffic Authorities. It serves as the Roads Modal Group of the Standing Committee on Transport. The Department of Transport and Main Roads is a member of Austroads.
Austroads mission is to contribute to development and delivery of the Australian Transport Council's vision for transport by:
- supporting safe and effective management and use of the road system
- developing and promoting national practices
- providing professional advice to member organisations and national and international bodies.
Austroads' essential purpose is to promote national uniformity and harmony, to avoid unnecessary duplication and to support identification and application of world best practice in managing the nation’s roads.
Austroads is a consensus seeking organisation in which cooperation provides:
- the opportunity to influence the national roads agenda and integrate road transport reform within the overall transport system
- strategic direction to the development, management and use of the road system and establish uniform standards and practices.
Austroads publishes guidelines, codes of practice and research reports that promote best practice and address the many challenges faced by road system management organisations in Australia and New Zealand.
Austroads has launched a completely updated internet database for its publications with the ability to freely download over 60 research titles in Adobe Acrobat PDF format. If the title is offered electronically, the file may be downloaded to a computer or network for opening with Adobe Acrobat Reader program.
Select Austroads and select "Publications". The link provides access to all of Austroads services.
indicates required fields
Help us improve the content on our website or tell us what is working well. Contact us if you need a response.