Waste 2 Resource
Through the Waste 2 Resource Strategy we have a vision to become a zero waste organisation and transport industry sustainability leader through circular economy practices.
We recognise that reducing Queensland’s waste and ensuring all products and materials are managed as valuable and finite resources. This is a shared responsibility between government, industry and the community.
We will achieve our vision through 4 objectives:
- Minimise disposal to landfill
- Achieve resource efficiency through circular economy practices
- Facilitate market growth
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions from waste generation and resource use
We prefer the use of recycled materials on transport infrastructure projects where they are:
- permitted in accordance with the department’s technical specifications
- cost competitive with conventional materials
- available in quantities applicable to the specific project.
See how we are incorporating recycled materials in our transport infrastructure projects.
Find out what tools we use to assist projects, both construction and maintenance to better plan, manage and reduce waste disposed to landfill.
Waste Reduction and Recycling Plan and Annual Reports
Under the Waste Reduction and Recycling Act 2011
, we are required to have a waste reduction and recycling plan, review that plan at least every 3 years and report on the receiving, sorting, recycling, treatment or disposal of waste in the financial year.
indicates required fields
Help us improve the content on our website or tell us what is working well. Contact us if you need a response.