Design criteria - Marine
This applies to the design of boat ramps for launching and retrieving recreational trailer boats where the Gross Combination Vehicle Mass (GCVM) does not exceed 8 000 kg.
Floating Walkways and Pontoons
This applies to the design of floating structures that are intended to support launching and retrieval of recreational trailer boats. These include:
- modular floating walkways that are to be constructed on boat ramp lanes
- standalone pontoons with gangways (excluding pontoons used for public transport).
The document suite comprises:
The related Technical Specification suites:
- MRTS300 Boat Ramps
- MRTS301 Fabrication and Construction of Floating Walkways
- MRTS302 Fabrication and Construction of Pontoons
are published on the department's Specifications page under Category 2: Bridges, Marine and Other Structures.
The related Standard Drawings:
- SD4000 Precast planks for boat ramp - Types RG4000 and RG3500
- SD4001 Precast planks for boat ramp - Types OS4000 and OS3500
- SD4020 Boat ramp - Boat ramp construction - Precast plank installation and anchor beam - Types 1 and 2
- SD4021 Boat ramp - Boat ramp construction - Earthworks and crushed rock core details
- SD4022 Boat ramp - Boat ramp construction - Fully grouted shoulders and ungrouted shoulders
- SD4023 Boat ramp - Boat ramp construction - Concrete slab and joint details
are published on the department's Standard Drawings page under Bridges, Marine and Other Structures - Marine.
indicates required fields
Help us improve the content on our website or tell us what is working well. Contact us if you need a response.