Site navigation
Department of Transport and Main Roads


Application process for accessing state-controlled roads

An online customer portal is the new place for all utilities to submit requests to undertake works on state-control roads.

For Telecommunications Carriers, you may either use the new portal or email Land Access and Activity Notices via email to the district contact.

Utilities are required to provide a signed Deed of Indemnity and Certificate of Insurance with applications. Please complete the F5191 Deed of Indemnity and submit with your application or Land Access Activity Notice.

All utilities that wish to access and install assets in the state-controlled road network must comply with the technical requirements specified in the TN163 Third Party Utility Infrastructure Installation in State-Controlled Roads Technical Guidelines and F5288 Standard Conditions.

Utility partners

We have formed, and continue to develop, alliances with a number of utilities to support a safe and efficient road network. A number of Utilities have entered into Memoranda of Understanding or agreements that reduce overall administrative burden and enhance efficiency by implementing strategies that will avoid or minimise interference with the operations and functionality of each party’s infrastructure.

Last updated 11 April 2022