Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarships
Our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarships financially assist eligible students who are undertaking an undergraduate degree or diploma in Engineering or Engineering related qualifications. Your qualification with our scholarship will help build transport infrastructure for the future.
The scholarship program is a head start in your career. We want to invest in you through the scholarship, so you can help contribute to delivering better transport solutions for Queensland.
What’s in it for you
Our scholarship will provide you up to $6,000 per year financial assistance and 30 days paid vocational employment per year of your scholarship. This will be pro-rata for part time students.
Eligibility for scholarships
During your scholarship program you must maintain a suitable grade point average.
To be eligible for a scholarship
You must be an:
- Australian Citizen
- an Australian Aboriginal person or a Torres Strait Islander person.
An Australian Aboriginal person and/or a Torres Strait Islander person is a person who:
- is of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent
- identifies as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- is accepted as an Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which the person lives or lived.
To be eligible to take up a scholarship
You must be:
- Enrolled full-time or part-time at an Australian tertiary institution in an undergraduate degree or diploma course and have completed at least one semester of study.
- Enrolled in an Engineering or an Engineering or Science related qualification that supports the transport infrastructure industry.
- Able to work at least 30 days paid employment with us (per year or every year on the program).
Location for placements
You need to spend 30 days a year working in one of these locations. The location is not expected to change during your time on the scholarship. Travel to and accommodation during the paid employment is at your own expense.
You can undertake your scholarship work placement at one of the following locations:
How to apply for a scholarship
We have opened the scholarship applications. Applications close 15 July 2022.
Apply for a scholarship with us
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
After completing your scholarship, next steps
Your time with us doesn’t have to end after your scholarship. Once you have finished your scholarship you can apply for a graduate position with us.
indicates required fields
Help us improve the content on our website or tell us what is working well. Contact us if you need a response.