Transport Academic Partnership 2020–2025
About the partnership
The Transport Academic Partnership 2020–2025 is a $3.7 million agreement between the Department of Transport and Main Roads, the Motor Accident Insurance Commission (MAIC), Queensland University of Technology (QUT), Griffith University (Griffith) and University of Queensland (UQ).
The current agreement builds on the collaborative, cooperative relationship and arrangements between the partners to undertake strategic transport research and development. The agreement aims to build mutual transport capability within the university sector, the agencies, and industry to address future transport challenges and create a single integrated network accessible to everyone.
- Building, supporting and facilitating transport research excellence.
- Fostering strong alliances between government, industry and academia.
- Fund, enable and deliver positive outcomes for the transport systems.
The Transport Academic Partnership Annual Work Program is open to all TMR people to submit a project proposal. Each proposal is assessed against a set of criteria and then if suitable may qualify for funding under the Transport Academic Partnership Program.
University partners undertake a broad Annual Work Program of research and development activities to benefit all parties.
Research and development activities include:
- projects that meet the agencies’ strategic priorities
- trial projects such as proof of concept
- joint projects with other universities; and/or industry partners and other ad-hoc/emerging issues
- Australian Research Council linkage proposals and other leveraged funding opportunities
- knowledge transfer such as advice and information seminars
- capability building, training, professional development, and work experience placements
- university in-kind support and access to high calibre academic professionals.
If you would like more details on the Transport Academic Partnership (TAP) program, email us at Transport_Academic_Partnerships@tmr.qld.gov.au.
- Last updated 06 November 2023