Taxi and limousine industry assistance
In 2016, a $100 million Industry Adjustment Assistance Package was established to provide a range of financial, advisory and incentive measures for taxi and limousine industry participants during the transition to the new personalised transport framework.
All key elements of the package have now been delivered, including:
- Industry Hardship Assistance
- Business Advisory Services relating to grants, counselling, mentoring and support
- Transitional Assistance Payments
- Fee waivers
- Introduction of a Lift Payment for wheelchair accessible taxi drivers to prioritise bookings for Taxi Subsidy Scheme (TSS) members.
In 2019, the remaining $350,000 from the package was allocated to Business Support Grants for taxi and limousine licence holders to assist with business improvements and financial advocacy services.
Fee waiver for taxi and limousine licence holders
In September 2018, the Queensland Government announced an additional and final round of fee waivers would be provided to taxi and limousine licence holders, as well as further business support, as part of the Industry Adjustment Assistance Program.
In the 2018/19 financial year, approximately $1.8 million in fee relief was provided by waiving:
- taxi and limousine licence renewal fees
- taxi industry security levy.
To keep informed of updates:
Register for e-newsletter
indicates required fields
Help us improve the content on our website or tell us what is working well. Contact us if you need a response.