Queensland's personalised transport industry reforms
Between 2016 and 2021, the Queensland Government implemented reforms for the personalised transport industry to provide greater choice for passengers, while ensuring safety, accessibility, affordability and accountability for everyone in the industry.
Under Queensland's Personalised Transport Horizon, the Queensland Government legalised ride-booking services and made changes to the way the industry is regulated.
The framework aimed to:
- strengthens safety standards
- provides passengers with greater choice and flexibility
- drives innovation and improve passenger service standards by reducing red tape
- ensures accountability and clearly defined obligations.
The reforms were delivered in 3 stages. The first 2 stages related to implementing regulatory changes to introduce the new personalised transport framework. Stage 3 involved ongoing monitoring, review and evaluation of the framework to ensure it delivers the best outcomes for customers and industry.
Read more about Queensland's Personalised Transport Horizons Stage 2.
Read more about Queensland's Personalised Transport Horizons Stage 3.
- Last updated 09 January 2023