Minor Infrastructure Contract (MIC)
When to use Minor Infrastructure Contract (MIC)
A Minor Infrastructure Contract may be used instead of the TIC for simple and low risks works.
Typical examples of low risk projects include:
- supply and placement of hot mix asphalt
- resealing projects (cart, heat and spray bitumen, and spread aggregate)
- minor intersection works including traffic signal installations
- installation of noise amelioration devices
- installation of guardrail
- roadside landscaping
- simple pavement rehabilitation works.
The above examples are for situations where traffic volumes are relatively low such as rural environments. It may be more appropriate to use a TIC form of contract in urban areas where traffic volumes are higher (subject to an appropriate risk assessment).
The Minor Infrastructure Contract (MIC) suite consists of:
indicates required fields
Help us improve the content on our website or tell us what is working well. Contact us if you need a response.