Secure taxi ranks
Secure taxi ranks operate in popular nightlife precincts on Friday and Saturday nights, and for some special events. They are staffed by taxi rank marshals and security guards, and monitored by CCTV.
Rank marshals are provided by a contractor. Conditions for each rank vary, however their use is covered in taxi operators induction.
Licensed taxis have exclusive access to secure ranks. They are not for use by limousine or ride-booking vehicles.
Why do customers use a secure rank?
- An opportunity to queue in an environment where unruly and inappropriate behaviour is minimised.
- Your customers know there is an organised supply of taxis to the rank to meet demand.
- Assistance to manage the flow of passengers and organise share rides as required.
- Availability to have your customer's queries about routes and fares answered.
Due to COVID-19, some secure ranks have been suspended temporarily. View a full list of open rank locations, with addresses.
Currently, locations include:
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
More information on late night public transport options.
- Last updated 13 June 2022