Bruce Highway Trust Advisory Council
The establishment of the Bruce Highway Trust Advisory Council (BHTAC) is a key commitment under the Queensland Government’s Future-Proofing the Bruce policy.
The BHTAC is overseeing the development of a 15-year Vision and three 5-year rolling Action Plans, as well as the Safer Bruce 2030 Action Plan, on this nationally significant link to:
- unlock economic growth
- build flood resilience and
- improve safety.
The BHTAC is supported by a Technical Working Group established within the Department of Transport and Main Roads comprising technical and subject-matter experts.
The BHTAC brings together leaders of Queensland’s peak transport and industry bodies to provide a state-wide perspective and drive a long-term vision for jobs and upgrades on Queensland’s longest road, the 1,677km Bruce Highway.
Members of the BHTAC include:
- Chair – Peter Garske, a Director on the Queensland Transport and Logistics Council and former Chief Executive Officer of the Queensland Trucking Association
- Deputy Chair – Barbara Madden, Company Director of the Smithfield Group
Key peak bodies represented on the BHTAC include:
- Local Government Association of Queensland
- Royal Automobile Club of Queensland
- Queensland Trucking Association
- Queensland Farmers’ Federation
- Queensland Tourism Industry Council
- Transport Workers’ Union Queensland
Consistent with A Real Bruce Plan, 6 additional members representing road users, road safety and regional development experts from along the Bruce Highway, north of Gympie, have been appointed.
Regional members, north of Gympie:
- Elise Pearson
- Anita Mumford
- Julie Boyd
- Robert Dorgelo
- Tania Dennis
- Brian Hughes
Department of Transport and Main Roads Director-General, Neil Scales and Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts First Assistant Secretary, David Mackay will also participate on the BHTAC to provide subject matter and governance expertise.
- Communique - BHTAC Meeting #1 17 July 2020
- Communique - BHTAC Meeting #2 26 November 2020
- Communique - BHTAC Meeting #3 16 September 2021
- Communique - BHTAC Meeting #4 23 November 2021
- Communique - BHTAC Meeting #5 11 to 12 August 2022
- Communique - BHTAC Meeting #6 7 September 2022
For more information about the BHTAC please contact at BHTAC_secretariat@tmr.qld.gov.au.
- Last updated 12 January 2023