Skip links and keyboard navigation

Road Corridor Permit

We plan, provide and manage Queensland’s state-controlled road network. This includes managing the non transport activities and structures that occur within the road corridors. Under the Transport Infrastructure Act 1994 and the Transport Infrastructure (State-controlled Roads) Regulation 2006, applicants wishing to undertake an activity, works or erect a structure within the road corridor must first apply for a Road Corridor Permit.

For more information on the Road Corridor Permit process, download the Road Corridor Permit information sheet.

Road Corridor Permit application form is available for download.

If you are organising an event which affects roads in Queensland and requires approvals, read through Supplement 6.2-1 Special Events Affecting Roads in Queensland document for information. This is a step by step guide on the process for seeking approvals and preparing the necessary event management plan.

We understand the cost of traffic management can make staging small events difficult for community and sporting organisations.
In response to this, the department is investigating new traffic management options that may permit low speed/low risk activities at small events to be delivered by trained volunteers, or Event Traffic Marshals. For more information about the initiative please download the Traffic Management at Special Events fact sheet.

For information on specific non-transport activities, see the below guidelines:

The Gazette Notice: Ancillary Works and Encroachments Notice (No. 2) 2016 outlines a number of items that do not require a road corridor permit, provided that they do not interfere with a state-controlled road or its operations.

Last updated
06 April 2017