Beams Road Overpass
We are progressing the rail level crossing project to reduce congestion and address safety concerns on Beams Road, Carseldine.
The Beams Road overpass will provide:
- improved and more reliable travel times for rail and road users
- reduced congestion for all road users
- improved safety and access.
TMR will work closely with the community and keep you informed as the project progresses.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Reduces travel time
- Reduces peak hour congestion
• A new overpass bridge for Beams Road.
• Removal of existing level crossing boom gates.
• Includes paths for walking and cycling.
• Integrates with Carseldine Station park 'n' ride upgrade and Carseldine Urban Village Development.
In 2019, the Queensland Government committed over $6 million into planning and design to identify a preferred option to improve safety and decrease congestion at the Carseldine rail level crossing on Beams Road.
In June 2020, the Queensland Government committed a further $128 million towards addressing safety congestion at Beams Road, for the rail level crossing removal and Carseldine park 'n' ride upgrades. Construction of the $233 million level crossing overpass is due to start later in 2021, with funding contributions from Brisbane City Council and the Australian Government.
Current statusWe are currently developing the business case, which will finish early next year, for the level crossing removal. Construction is due to start later in 2021.
TMR will work with Brisbane City Council and Queensland Rail throughout the planning of the project. Brisbane City Council is responsible for the local road network including Beams Road. Queensland Rail is responsible for the rail corridor.
We will be engaging with key stakeholders and the community to ensure opportunities for feedback during the business case stage.