Cape York Region Package Stage 2
We are delivering the Cape York Region Package Stage 2, a program of works to deliver infrastructure upgrades on the Cape York Peninsula between 2019-2020 and 2023-2024.
- Improves network resilience
- Improves network efficiency
- Reduces travel time
- Reduces maintenance
- Improves safety
- Contributes to regional growth
Cape York Region Package Stage 2 includes:
- $190 million to progressively seal priority sections of the Peninsula Developmental Road
- $47.5 million to progressively seal priority sections of community access roads.
Peninsula Developmental Road
The Peninsula Developmental Road subprogram features 11 projects:
- eight pave and seal projects on the PDR between Laura and Coen
- one pave and seal project north of the Archer River, including the Aurukun Access Road intersection
- construction of the Archer River Bridge southern approach
- construction of the Archer River Bridge.
Cape York Region Package Stage 2 will seal about 55 kilometres of the Peninsula Developmental Road, leaving about 145 kilometres remaining unsealed.
Community Access Roads Program
In partnership with the Torres and Cape Indigenous Council Alliance (TCICA) we are also finalising a program of works to upgrade unsealed sections of primary road access to a number or remote Cape York communities.
- Total investment
- $237.5 million
- Australian Government
- $190 million
- Queensland Government
- $47.5 million