Cleveland-Redland Bay Road upgrade
TMR is undertaking a $110 million package of works to upgrade Cleveland-Redland Bay Road.
This project includes:
- Already completed works along key sections of Cleveland-Redland Bay Road.
- Upgrading the Anita Street intersection.
- Duplicating Cleveland-Redland Bay Road, from Anita Street to Magnolia Parade.
- Safety improvements at various intersections, including Serpentine Creek Road.
- Future planning at Boundary Road.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces interchange queuing
- Reduces travel time
- Better road access
- Increasing the capacity through the Anita Street intersection to Magnolia Parade from 2 to 4 lanes.
- Installing traffic lights and a pedestrian crossing across Cleveland-Redland Bay Road and Anita Street.
- Active transport improvements.
- Improved bus stops.
- Safety improvements at key intersection.
- Future planning.
- Total investment
- $110 million
- Queensland Government
- $110 million
Construction at the Anita Street intersection started in August 2020 with completion expected in mid-2021, construction and weather conditions permitting.
The duplication of Anita Street to Magnolia Parade is currently in planning and preliminary design with community consultation now commencing. Timeframes for construction will be confirmed after the design phase has been finalised.
Safety upgrades at various intersections are currently in design phase with construction planned to commence in mid-2021. Locations will be confirmed after the business case has been finalised.
The upgrades will improve traffic flow, reduce congestion and increase safety for all road users.