Clump Point Mission Beach boating infrastructure project
Works were undertaken to upgrade the public boating facilities at Mission Beach Clump Point.
The project delivered in 2 phases was completed in mid-November 2020.
Phase 1 works included:
- additional boat ramp lane
- upgrade existing breakwater
- upgrade existing car park and turning area
- installation of a new detached breakwater
- installation of a toilet block in the southern carpark.
Phase 2 works included the construction of:
- an access jetty
- 2 berthing pontoons
- 2 floating walkways
- 5 pen berths
- 6 swing moorings.
View the fly-over video – courtesy of MGN Civil Pty Ltd.
- Contributes to regional growth
- Contributes to economy
- Will improve boating infrastructure, facilitate local economic development, enable joint commercial and recreational usage and respect the rich natural environment and cultural heritage of Mission Beach
- Support the Mission Beach community by assisting the re-establishment of a reef-based tourist market and provide improved recreational boating facilities
Current statusThe construction works are now complete with bed levelling works also undertaken during the suitable tides in mid-November 2020.
View the final environmental approval for the Mission Beach Clump Point boating infrastructure upgrade project from the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority.
An extensive traffic management plan was in place during construction which includes measures to avoid impacts on the environmental and cultural values of the area, avoids impact to cassowaries and minimises disruption caused by construction traffic.
- Appendix A: Maintenance Environmental Management Plan (PDF, 1.38 MB)
- Appendix B: Clump Point Construction Methodology (PDF, 31.57 MB)
- Appendix C: Erosion Sediment Control Plan (PDF, 4.11 MB)
- Appendix D: Storm Water Management Plan (PDF, 3.98 MB)
- Appendix E: Water Quality Monitoring Plan (PDF, 919 KB)
- Appendix F: Refuelling Management Plan (PDF, 682 KB)
- Appendix G: Traffic Management Plan (PDF, 1.03 MB)
- Appendix H: Vegetation Clearing Plan (PDF, 1.91 MB)
- Appendix J: Spill and Waste Management Plan (PDF, 1.48 MB)
- Appendix K: Severe Weather Management Plan (PDF, 1.13 MB)