Coomera train station, upgrade park 'n' ride
The park 'n' ride at Coomera train station is being upgraded.
Commuters will soon see works progressing on increasing the park 'n' ride capacity at Coomera's train station's rail and bus interchange. More than 500 parking spaces are being added by expanding on 2 new sites east and northwest of the station, and by reconfiguring 2 of the existing car parks. From early January 2022, work is taking place progressively, opening newly constructed spaces before proceeding to the next stage to minimise impact on commuters. All work is scheduled for completion in December 2022.
Project overview map
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Increases car parks
- Contributes to regional growth
- More than 500 additional parking spaces taking the total capacity to more than 1000 spaces. A new bus layover facility for 4 buses within the existing bus facility.
- Construction delivered in rolling stages to minimise impact on commuters.
- An upgrade to the bus interchange, including new driver facilities to enhance service operational efficiencies and allow for future growth in commuter demand.
- New signalised access via Foxwell Road to the eastern carparks.
- Increased disability parking adjoining the station's covered walkway.
- A new secure bicycle shelter and relocated bike lockers close to the station.
- New carpark footpaths for safe separation of pedestrians and traffic.
- Upgraded lighting and CCTV cameras to bolster carpark security.
- A new commuter shelter for the existing kiss 'n' ride space catering for quick drop-offs and pick-ups.
The project is jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland governments on a 50:50 basis.
- Total investment
- $17 million
- Australian Government
- $8.5 million
- Queensland Government
- $8.5 million
Community consultationCommunity consultation on the upgrade occurred in January 2021 including:
- a newsletter to more than 52,000 properties and mailboxes in the surrounding area
- a Facebook post targeting surrounding area residents
- signage at the park 'n' ride
- mails to TMR South Coast updates.
Park 'n' ride design – artist impressions*
Bus layover area
Foxwell Road intersection entrance into new eastern carpark
Western carpark upgrade
*Artist impressions subject to changes to final design