Cunningham Highway Upgrade
Planning is underway to upgrade the Cunningham Highway.
This planning will improve safety and to cater for future increases in traffic along this corridor.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Better road access
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Improves ride quality
- Improved safety along the Cunningham Highway and future planning along the corridor, including at Amberley.
The project is jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland governments on an 80:20 basis.
- Total investment
- $212.5 million
- Australian Government
- $170 million
- Queensland Government
- $42.5 million
The $212.5 million in joint funding for upgrades to the Cunningham Highway includes various safety works and future improvement projects, including future planning on the corridor. This includes:
- $25 million for the Eight Mile intersection upgrade at Glengallan
- $28 million for delivery of Cunningham Highway Safety Packages
- $20 million for future planning on the corridor, including at Amberley
- $139.5 million for delivering future priorities on the Cunningham Highway.