The Eastern Transitway will provide bus customers in Brisbane's east with a safer and more efficient public transport network. The project will deliver targeted bus priority measures to improve safety, reliability and capacity along Old Cleveland Road from Coorparoo to Carindale.
The project aims to extend the benefits of the existing sections of the Eastern Busway by introducing sections of priority bus lanes. These bus priority measures will improve bus service reliability and travel times in peak periods and will help manage traffic congestion along the corridor.
The project is being delivered using a staged approach, with Stage 1 focusing on the Creek Road intersection and extending to Narracott Street. No parking impacts or property access changes are proposed for the Stage 1 works.
Community consultation to nearby Stage 1 residents and businesses began in late-2019 with wider community consultation continuing through the construction of Stage 1.
To register for project updates, contact Metropolitan Region by email, phone or post.
For public transport information, download the MyTransLink app, visit TransLink or call 13 12 30.
Latest newsStage 1 design community consultation has now closed. Read a consultation summary of the feedback received. The final design will be posted in the coming weeks.
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Better active transport
- Reduces travel time
- Provide a faster, safer, more reliable and accessible public transport corridor for bus services during peak periods each weekday.
- Separate buses from general traffic, bus travel times will be reduced during peak periods.
- Improve bus timetable reliability on Old Cleveland Road.
- Support existing high frequency bus services, encouraging more people to use public transport and allowing for greater public transport capacity in the future.
- Benefit bike riders and pedestrians through associated upgrades to the active transport connectivity.
- Assist emergency vehicles by allowing them to use the bus lanes, improving response times along Old Cleveland Road. Some other vehicles and bike riders will also be permitted to use the transitway. For more information on special purpose lanes.