Eumundi-Noosa Road planning study
We undertook a planning study on the Eumundi-Noosa Road between Wilkes Lane and Beddington Road to investigate capacity, safety and efficiency of the road and to determine recommended future staged upgrades.
The planning study identified the following issues requiring more detailed investigation in future stages:
- improved active transport provisions, including a shared path at North Maroochy River crossing and shoulder widening along the link for bike rider provision
- improved safety provisions including:
- wide centre line treatments between Caplick Way and Redwood Road
- safety improvements to Hatfield Road intersection
- formal bus stops provision at key locations
- overtaking opportunities along the link
- improved amenity and social outcomes (maintaining the existing character of the link, including vegetation and scenic look-outs).
There is currently no funding allocated to progress upgrades to Eumundi–Noosa Road beyond preliminary planning. Funding for further planning, detailed design and construction will be considered during future program reviews and against other competing priorities across the state.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Increases traffic flow
- Better active transport
- A planning study to investigate the capacity, safety and efficiency of the road.
- An options analysis to determine which options will be prioritised.
The Queensland Government committed $200,000 for the planning study as part of the Queensland Transport and Roads Investment Program.
- Total investment
- Queensland Government