Everton Park Link Road
We will improve traffic flow and safety for all road users by reducing traffic congestion at the Stafford and South Pine Road intersection.
The Everton Park Link Road will connect South Pine Road, north of the Kedron Brook Creek, to Stafford Road, east of Mountridge Street.
The Everton Park Link Road is stage one of a two stage plan to improve traffic flow and safety at the intersection of Stafford and South Pine Road. The link road will connect to South Pine Road, north of the Kedron Brook Creek, and Stafford Road, east of Mountridge Street.
The majority of the Everton Park Link Road will be constructed away from operating roads, and traffic impacts will be minimised during construction.
There will be some unavoidable removal of trees, and the project will include landscaping to improve the amenity.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Better active transport
- Better road access
- Reduces peak hour congestion
The Everton Park Link Road will include:
- a direct route between Stafford Road and South Pine Road, reducing traffic congestion at the Stafford Road and South Pine Road intersection
- the removal of the right turn facility from South Pine Road into Stafford Road during peak hours, providing more traffic light ‘green time,’ and improving travel time at the intersection
- increased connectivity for cyclists with dedicated facilities including a link to the Kedron Brook Bikeway
- increased pedestrian accessibility around shopping precincts with wider footpaths and additional crossings at the Everton Park Link Road intersection.
- Total investment
- $ 31 million
- Queensland Government
- $31 million