Gore Highway (Pittsworth - Millmerran), various locations, rehabilitate pavement
This project involves rehabilitating sections of deteriorating pavement on the Gore Highway. Stage 1 will trial innovative and sustainable pavement rehabilitation systems and products. Results from the trial will inform how future stages of this project are implemented.
This project aims to address failing pavement partially due to highly reactive soil types and changing climate conditions on the Condamine River floodplain. The project will provide a more robust highway pavement and smoother ride for drivers. Using innovative pavement materials and systems trialled in Stage 1, the subsequent repairs will provide a more sustainable solution.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Improves flood immunity
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Reduces maintenance
- Improves ride quality
- Innovative trial of pavement repair methods and materials.
- More robust and sustainable pavement repair system.
- Repairing deteriorating highway surface caused by traffic on highly reactive soils in a flood prone environment.
- Improved road safety.
- Smoother ride.
- Improved freight efficiency.
This project is funded by the Australian Government and the Queensland Government on an 80:20 split. Investment ID 1461057
- Total investment
- $17 million
- Australian Government
- $13.6 million
- Queensland Government
- $3.4 million
Construction activity is currently being undertaken.