Gore Highway (Pittsworth - Millmerran), various locations, rehabilitate pavement
This project involves rehabilitating sections of deteriorating pavement on the Gore Highway. The Stage 1 trial of more sustainable pavement rehabilitation systems and products was completed in August 2021. Trial results are informing how future stages of this project are being delivered.
This project aims to address failing pavement partially due to highly reactive soil types and changing climate conditions on the Condamine River floodplain. It will provide a more robust highway pavement and smoother ride for road users.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Reduces maintenance
- Improves ride quality
- Innovative trial of pavement repair methods and materials.
- More robust and sustainable pavement repair system.
- Repairing deteriorating highway surface caused by traffic on highly reactive soils in a flood prone environment.
- Improved road safety.
- Smoother ride.
- Improved freight efficiency.
This project is funded by the Australian Government and the Queensland Government on an 80:20 split. Investment ID 1461057
- Total investment
- $17 million
- Australian Government
- $13.6 million
- Queensland Government
- $3.4 million