Howard Creek causeway on Tamborine–Oxenford Road
We will be upgrading Howard Creek Causeway (approximately 11km from Oxenford) on Tamborine–Oxenford Road at Wongawallan to provide a safer road alignment, with increased flood immunity.
The project will:
- upgrade the existing pipe culverts to a multiple cell box culvert structure
- widen the road approaches
- upgrade the intersection of Lanes Road and Colin Meagher Roads.
- Improves safety
- Improves flood immunity
- Better road access
- New multiple cell box culvert structure.
- Widening the road.
- Upgrading the Lanes Road and Colin Meagher Road intersections.
Australian and Queensland Governments announced funding for this project on 22 June 2020.
- Total investment
- $10 million
- Australian Government
- $8 million
- Queensland Government
- $2 million