Linkfield Road Overpass upgrade
The Linkfield Road Overpass upgrade project has started the design phase, following the conclusion of planning and community consultation in late 2021.
- Improves safety
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces travel time
- Contributes to economy
- Reduce congestion and traffic queue lengths.
- Improve interchange ramp geometry.
- Provide for active transport through the interchange.
This project is funded by the Australian and Queensland governments. Investment ID 1160465
- Total investment
- $125 million
- Australian Government
- $100 million
- Queensland Government
- $25 million
Detailed planning started in September 2020 and was completed in late 2021.
Community consultation summary
Community consultation was undertaken in May 2021.
- 2 phone calls
- 4 direct emails
- 11 feedback forms submitted at information sessions
- 139 online surveys
- 150 stakeholders attended across 3 information sessions.
Responses received included:
- 86% support the upgrade with key themes around improving the interchange
- 26% support the widening or duplicating the bridge
- 15% would like to see an upgrade of Gympie Arterial Road on and off-ramps.
Common themes and comments included:
- duplicating the bridge and allow for separated facilities for pedestrians and bike riders
- congestion during morning and afternoon peak times
- upgrading the on and off-ramps to Gympie Arterial Road
- traffic lights at the on and off-ramps to Linkfield Road and Gympie Arterial Road.