Maroochydore - Mooloolaba Road and Ocean Street, improve intersection
Construction is underway for safer pedestrian crossings in Maroochydore's entertainment precinct.
The project will improve safety for all road users at the Maroochydore-Mooloolaba Road (known as Horton Parade) and Ocean Street intersection at Maroochydore.
The project will also provide safer crossing points and encourage pedestrians to use the additional and improved crossings when moving between shopping, hospitality and education venues in the area.
The left-turn slip lanes will be removed and traffic signals modified to accommodate motorists turning left in and out of Ocean Street. Additional fencing on the median strip will be installed to encourage the use of dedicated pedestrian crossings.
Minor pedestrian safety improvements will be carried out at the Maroochydore Road and Church Street intersection, west of this work site.
- Improves safety
- Increases traffic flow
- Contributes to economy
- Removal of the left-turn slip lanes and modification of the traffic signals to control motorists turning left in and out of Ocean Street.
- Construction of a new signalised pedestrian crossing at Beach Road.
- Modifying the existing signals and infrastructure.
- Installing additional pedestrian fencing on the median along Horton Parade.
- New footpath connections.
This project is funded by the Queensland Government. Investment ID 1496626
- Total investment
- $3.4 million
- Queensland Government
- $3.4 million
Construction is underway.