Maroochydore Road Kunda Park intersection improvements
We have identified a preferred option for staged improvements to Maroochydore Road, Kunda Park to improve safety and relieve congestion.
The preferred option will involve changes to the existing Killick Street/Pike Street intersection with Maroochydore Road and introduce a new signalised intersection with Maroochydore Road by extending Enterprise Street.
- Improves safety
- Reduces travel time
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Limiting the Killick Street intersection to a left-turn only from Maroochydore
Road—all other movements will not be available
- Extending Enterprise Street to meet Maroochydore Road at a new signalised intersection, approximately 450m west of the Pike/Killick Street intersection
- Addressing safety concerns by removing westbound access to two properties on the northern side of Maroochydore Road—alternate access will be provided via a new signalised U-turn facility
- Boosting capacity at the existing Enterprise Street and Old Maroochydore Road intersection to cater for the additional traffic.
The preferred option is also compatible with long-term planning that allows for an interchange in this area.
We valued your input and welcomed feedback about the planned future intersection upgrade during the community notification period held in September and October 2017.
Determining the preferred option is an important step towards a future upgrade at the intersection. There is currently no funding allocated to complete detailed design or construction of the project. This project will be considered in the future, after assessment of competing priorities and depending on funding availability.