Maryborough-Hervey Bay Road, Ibis Boulevard and Fairway Drive, intersection upgrade, business case
Planning is underway for an upgrade of the Maryborough-Hervey Bay Road, Ibis Boulevard and Fairway Drive intersection.
The planning of these upgrades will address safety, efficiency and capacity issues at the Maryborough-Hervey Bay Road, Ibis Boulevard and Fairway Drive intersection, and the Old Maryborough Road / Boat Harbour Drive roundabout in Eli Waters. Key stakeholders and the community will be engaged during the planning phase. All feedback received will be considered and will assist in identifying a preferred option and cost estimate to progress to future project stages.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces interchange queuing
- Reduces travel time
- Better active transport
This planning project will identify a preferred option for an intersection upgrade that:
- meets current and future traffic demand
- reduces traffic delays during peak traffic periods
- improves network safety and efficiency in the Hervey Bay area and enhances transport network resilience
- addresses community access and amenity issues including improving bicycle and pedestrian accessibility, connectivity and overall safety.
Planning for this project is fully funded by the Queensland Government. Investment ID 2298689
- Total investment
- Queensland Government
Planning is underway and expected to be completed by early 2025.
There is currently no funding to construct these upgrades. Funding for detailed design and construction will be considered in future reviews and against other competing priorities across the state.