Mooloolaba to Maroochydore Cycleway
We are partnering with the Sunshine Coast Council (SCC) to deliver the Mooloolaba to Maroochydore (M2M) cycleway which will provide a separated cycleway connecting Mooloolaba to Maroochydore.
Once complete, the 6km long cycleway will provide a safe, off-road connection for all active transport users and motorists. A dedicated cycle facility (with a separated pathway) will reduce the need for interaction between motorists and people riding bikes on roads. The proposed cycleway will be designed to provide appropriate separation between vehicles, pedestrians, bike riders and other wheeled devices.
The M2M cycleway is being delivered over 7 stages as funding becomes available.
- Improves safety
- Better active transport
- 6km long dedicated cycleway.
The Mooloolaba to Maroochydore cycleway will be constructed in stages as funding becomes available. The Queensland Government has allocated $6.7 million for delivery of Stage 6 - the 1.2km section of cycleway from Mary Street at Alexandra Headland to Sixth Avenue at Maroochydore.
- Total investment
- $6.7 million
- Queensland Government
- $6.7 million
- Stage 2 from Amarina Avenue to Foote Street at Mooloolaba (completed by SCC between 2012 and 2018 as part of the Minyama to Mooloolaba cycleway project).
- Stage 1 from Mooloolah River to Amarina Avenue at Mooloolaba (We will deliver)
- Stage 3 from Foote Street at Mooloolaba to the Mooloolaba Foreshore Precinct (Sunshine Coast Council delivery)
- Stage 4 from Mooloolaba Foreshore Precinct to Venning Street at Mooloolaba (Sunshine Coast Council delivery)
- Stage 5 from Venning Street at Mooloolaba to Mary Street at Alexandra Headland (We will deliver)
- Stage 6 from Mary Street at Alexandra Headland to Sixth Avenue at Maroochydore (We will deliver)
- Stage 7 from Maroubra Street to Maud Street at Maroochydore (Sunshine Coast Council delivery).
$6.7 million has been allocated for delivery of Stage 6 of the M2M cycleway, a 1.2km section of the project on Alexandra Parade from Mary Street at Alexandra Headland to Sixth Avenue at Maroochydore.
Stage 6: Next steps
Initial consultation on the Mooloolaba to Maroochydore cycleway project held in September and October 2019 saw more than 320 stakeholders and community members attend information sessions and provide feedback. Read the outcomes of the initial consultation. The feedback received was used to develop a preferred option for Stage 6 which was out for community consultation from 11 May to 31 July 2020.
A Community Reference Group (CRG) was also established by TMR to help further inform the planning and design of the cycleway. This group comprises 11 members who represent various local cycling, pedestrian and surfing viewpoints.
Thank you to all the stakeholders and interested community members who provided feedback on the preferred option for Stage 6 of the M2M cycleway during the consultation period. The consultation period is now closed.
TMR is reviewing the feedback received during the community consultation period and this will be used to further develop the design for Stage 6 of the M2M cycleway.
TMR will continue to work with key stakeholders and community groups to refine the design for Stage 6 as well as keep the community updated on the next steps as the project progresses.