Mooloolaba to Maroochydore cycleway, design cycleway
Transport and Main Roads is partnering with Sunshine Coast Council to deliver the Mooloolaba to Maroochydore cycleway which will provide a bike path connecting Mooloolaba to Maroochydore.
Once complete, the 6km long bike path will provide a safe, off-road connection for all active transport users. An off-road shared path facility will reduce the need for interaction between motorists and people riding bikes on roads. It will cater for people of all ages and abilities and integrate effectively with surrounding open space areas
The cycleway is being delivered over 7 stages as funding becomes available.
- Improves safety
- Better active transport
- 6km long separated bike path.
The Mooloolaba to Maroochydore cycleway is being constructed in stages as funding becomes available. The Queensland Government has allocated $1.5 million to Stage 6 - the 1.2km section from Mary Street, Alexandra Headland to Sixth Avenue, Maroochydore. Investment ID 1213025
- Total investment
- $1.5 million
- Queensland Government
- $1.5 million
Revised options have been developed for Stage 6 of the project.
Community consultation was carried out for the revised options from 18 March to 22 April 2022.
Feedback received during this period is currently being evaluated and an update on the next steps will soon be provided.
We will update the community as planning and design activities progress.
- Stage 2 from Amarina Avenue to Foote Street at Mooloolaba (completed by Sunshine Coast Council between 2012 and 2018 as part of the Minyama to Mooloolaba cycleway project).
- Stage 1 from Mooloolah River to Amarina Avenue at Mooloolaba (TMR to deliver)
- Stage 3 from Foote Street at Mooloolaba to the Mooloolaba Foreshore Precinct (Sunshine Coast Council to deliver)
- Stage 4 from Mooloolaba Foreshore Precinct to Venning Street at Mooloolaba (Sunshine Coast Council to deliver)
- Stage 5 from Venning Street at Mooloolaba to Mary Street at Alexandra Headland (TMR to deliver)
- Stage 6 from Mary Street at Alexandra Headland to Sixth Avenue at Maroochydore (TMR to deliver)
- Stage 7 from Maroubra Street to Maud Street at Maroochydore (Sunshine Coast Council to deliver).
We are continuing to work with Sunshine Coast Council to address the social, environmental and infrastructure planning considerations for future stages of the project.
In 2020, we undertook extensive 12-week consultation on Stage 6 of the cycleway. Over the consultation period, the project team received over 1150 pieces of feedback via the interactive map, submissions, emails and feedback forms.
In August 2021, we started a review of the proposed option for Stage 6 and worked collaboratively with the community on a revised community-focused design.
Further consultation with the community, including key project stakeholders, local community groups and interest groups, was undertaken in 2021 to further inform the design for Stage 6 of the cycleway.
In 2022, we undertook a further 5-week consultation for a series of revised options for Stage 6 of the cycleway. This feedback is currently being evaluated and will inform what options are progressed to the next stage of design.
Mooloolaba to Maroochydore Cycleway proposed alignment
Stage 6 is shown by the dotted line.