This project is committed to improving safety on Nerang–Murwillumbah Road.
- Improves safety
Investment ID 1077744 & 1390056
- Total investment
- $37.5 million
- Queensland Government
- $37.5 million
Nerang-Murwillumbah Road and Beechmont Road intersectionA $3.5 million project to improve safety at the intersection of Nerang-Murwillumbah Road and Beechmont Road was completed in March 2021.
This project included:
- realigning the horizontal curve on Nerang–Murwillumbah Road
- building a channelised right turn into Beechmont Road
- road overlay.
Nerang-Murwillumbah Road high risk road project
$34 million has been committed to improve safety on Nerang–Murwillumbah Road.
The funding commitment directly relates to the high crash history at various sections along this 36 km road and is focused on improving safety at these crash locations.
Safety improvements will include:
- wide centre line marking from Beaudesert–Nerang Road to Tangara Road
- channelised right turns into:
- Latimers Crossing Road
- Tangara Road
- the access road into the Gilston Advancetown Rural Fire Brigade
- pavement widening and sealing
- installation/modification of existing safety barriers
- vegetation clearing (to increase sight distance)
- installation/modification of existing warning signage and line marking (including rubrails)
- pullover bays for the Queensland Police Service to monitor traffic.
Please see our newsletter for more information.
Construction is expected to start in May 2021 and continue for about 18 months.
The community is invited to subscribe to free email and text alerts to remain informed about the safety improvement works on Nerang–Murwillumbah Road. To register for these services, or to find out more about the safety improvement project, please contact the project team.