New England Highway (Toowoomba-Warwick) business cases
The planning projects will investigate future infrastructure to improve safety and efficiency on the New England Highway, south of Toowoomba.
These 2 projects will investigate road widening, overtaking lanes and wide centre lines on a 6.8km section of the New England Highway between Cambooya Connection Road and Greenmount Clifton Road, as well as replacing the existing steel culverts at the Emu Creek crossing.
While there is currently no funding for construction, we will be working to have the projects ready to build once funding is available. The community will be kept up-to-date with the progress.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Improves flood immunity
- Reduces travel time
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Reduces maintenance
- Widen road to increase highway capacity and efficiency.
- Install wide centre lines to separate opposing traffic and improve safety.
- Install overtaking lanes to increase highway capacity, improve safety and reduce travel time.
- Replace culverts at Emu Creek to increase flood resilience and road safety.
100% Queensland Government under the Queensland Transport Road Investment Program (QTRIP).
Investment ID: 1513454 - $200,000
Investment ID: 1152898 - $450,000
- Total investment
- Queensland Government
We are currently investigating options to inform the business case and the application for future construction funding.